This summer favorite will light up your taste buds. Everyone is used to eating corn on the cobb with butter and/or salt. But in this version of boiled corn we're going to upgrade it with some seasonings, curry and coconut milk.
It's a simple recipe that is mainly sauteing your seasonings and simmering in creamy coconut milk. The added flavor comes through with the addition of curry. The curry I use is this one here and it's the only one I use. I'm sure any curry might work although I have not tried it and probably won't because I love this curry so much. I use it in my other curry dish here too..
Be sure to keep the gravy or thickened sauce if you're going to have left overs and let the corn soak in all the gravy juices. This makes it even more delicious and seriously addictive.
Here's to upping your vegan BBQ up a notch.
- 5-6 whole corn chopped
- 3 Tbsp oil
- ½ large onion (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp garlic (minced)
- ¾ tsp cumin seeds or powder
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can (15oz) coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large pot saute onions and garlic in oil for a few minutes.
- Add cumin, curry, thyme, cilantro and pepper to onions and garlic and stir until curry is mixed well and is slightly pastey.
- Add coconut milk and corn. Toss well.
- Let simmer on low/medium heat with lid on until corn is cooked and coconut mixture thickens slightly. About 15-20 minutes.
You can let the corn sit in the sauce for an hour or so before serving which allows the corn to absorb the seasonings. Your taste buds will thank you.