This garlic pasta with sun dried tomato recipe was totally made up on the spot.
I had just found and fell in love with my new vegan milk brand and was dying to try out the half and half in place of cream in a recipe. When you have food allergies in your house, you will understand the excitement of finding a vegan milk that's not Almond or Soy. But, to find one that also tastes good is just icing on the cake.
Also, due to food sensitivities, I can't enjoy tomatoes the way the rest of the world can, so when I found sun dried tomatoes and tried them, I was in heaven. They don't give me the itchy throat and they're absolutely delicious.
These papardelle pasta ribbons are so beautiful and just the right width to enjoy. In my house, there are the thin pasta lovers and the fat pasta lovers. I happen to like this version a lot. The surprising thing with this recipe is that it's lightning fast to make and has only a few ingredients that aren't hard to find.
You can also spice this up as much as you like by adding more chilli powder.
I also added some homemade vegan parmesan on top just because.
Creamy Garlic Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Makes: 3 Cups
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter or oil
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ⅔ cup vegan half and half (I used ripple)
- ¼ cup sliced sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp corn starch or flour
- 12 oz papardelle pasta
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Bring a large stock pot with salted water to boil.
- Saute garlic in butter or oil.
- Stir in half and half and add chilli powder
- Cook on low to medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add corn starch and salt let thicken for a few minutes
- Stir in pasta and add tomatoes
- Remove from heat