This simple recipe was just what the cold weather needed. It initially started off without any coconut milk but the end result with the coconut milk and a little sugar made it even better.
Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Tbsp of coconut cream
- 1 can pureed pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/2 cup finely onions
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped or crushed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- Sauteed onions, cumin, celery and garlic in oil for a few minutes.
- Add pureed pumpkin and vegetable stock.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, sugar and thyme.
- Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add desired amount of salt.